This egg fried fried rice with garden veggies makes a delicious and super healthy breakfast or lunch. I had just picked an abundance of broccoli, green beans, tomatoes, and peppers in my garden this morning and had leftovers of rice and beans in my fridge, so I threw it all together and Voilà!! A new favorite breakfast!
This is one of those things where you can swap any vegetable with whatever you have in your fridge. Next time I have kimchi on hand, I’ll definitely toss it in too!
Egg Fried Rice with Garden Veggies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup diced green beans
- 1/2 sliced tomato
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp korean hot chili flakes
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Sauté all the vegetables except tomato in one tablespoon of olive oil, for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add rice and beans, and toss it all together sautéing for another 4 minutes on medium low heat.
- Whisk together the 4 eggs, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 2 tbsp milk and scramble it together with the fried rice and veggies until egg is cooked through.
- Turn off the heat, add sliced tomato, shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with green onion and cilantro. Serve with either a splash of soy sauce or with salsa and sour cream for a mexican twist.