These Greek grilled chicken drumsticks will have you trying really hard not to lick your fingers! A little while ago I came up with a Greek-inspired lemon garlic oregano marinade for these drumsticks and we keep coming back to it because the flavors are so GOOD! Just marinating it for 40 minutes is enough because the ingredients are so powerful. Your neighbors will be peeking over the fence wondering what smells so tasty!
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mayo, vinegar, oregano, coriander, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt in a large bowl.
- Make a one inch slash down to the bone in each drumstick. This will help infuse the marinade into the meat and allow the chicken to cook faster on the grill. Transfer to the bowl with marinade and coat each drumstick thoroughly, pushing the marinade into the slashes and under the skin.
- Let it marinade in the fridge for at least 40 minutes.
- Grill the drumsticks, turning every 5 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.